What should I wear to my maternity session?
- My first advice is always to wear something comfortable that you LOVE! If you feel comfortable in your pictures, you will look more natural. It is generally best to stick with solid colors, and avoid large patterns, stripes, plaids, etc, but I recommend that YOU be YOU! If you like stripes and plaids, go for it!
- The safest solid colors that will look great with any skin tone are probably blacks, whites, grays or browns. Those colors photograph well, and I recommend bringing at least one solid shirt in those colors. On the other hand, some people are totally comfortable with a bold color. You do you!
- Sometimes long-sleeved shirts can be more flattering for women than short-sleeved or sleeveless. Consider what you will prefer for yourself!
- Look through my maternity portfolio to see examples of outfits and styles that you like!
- Be careful not to wear anything to the shoot that will leave marks on your belly during the shoot if you plan to do bare belly shots.